Friday March 3 5-7 PM at Conspire: Contemporary Craft
Join local artist Teresa McGuire to discuss a collection of her work at Conspire.
Teresa describes the inspiration for her art as “…the love I feel for my family, my small town of Greencastle and my passion for running at DePauw University’s Nature Park. There is an overt organic aspect to most of my art that embodies my appreciation for the beauty within nature and the adoration I feel for Mother Earth. Overall my work is a profound reflection of my life’s journey.”
Refreshments and tea will be available.
Take some time over your lunch break Friday to sample ten of our favorite tea blends, and do a little last-minute shopping for your Valentine! We’ll have a variety of our favorite black, green, and herbal tea blends available for tasting amid a mad-hatter style collection of vintage teapots, cups and saucers. If you’ve been wondering about one of our house teas, this is your chance to sip!
Tea will be served Friday, February 10 from 11-1 pm at Conspire.
Have you noticed our growing selection of books and cds by Greencastle writers and musicians? We now offer a carefully curated collection of the very best of our local arts scene.
So far our artists and musicians include:
Supporting the work of these local artists is a great way to help our music and literary scene in Greencastle grow.
Are you interested in increasing resources and support for underserved communities in Greencastle? Let’s get together and make it happen! We will be discussing possibilities for a local LGBTQ+ nonprofit group, a local chapter of Standing Up for Racial Justice, and more. Please bring an open mind and your ideas for making Greencastle a more welcoming and accepting place for all. Tea and light refreshments will be available in the Conspire studio, and kids are welcome.
Thursday, January 26. 6-7 PM at Conspire.
It’s a pretty diverse and colorful bunch of people who come through the doors of Conspire. Together, we’ve been brainstorming ways to use our presence in Greencastle to support marginalized groups in Indiana and encourage the kind of diversity and acceptance we want to see in our town. Conspire now carries some products that make a statement about diversity, and we will be donating the proceeds to groups that we have identified as making a difference where it’s needed. You will find the first of these products in the shop:
- Black Lives Matter bumper stickers. Proceeds from the sales of these stickers will be donated to the Gary, Indiana chapter of Black Lives Matter.
- Full sized rainbow flags. Proceeds go to Freedom Indiana, fighting for equality for LGBTQ people.
- Pick up a copy of the book club selections for the new Greencastle LGBT Book Club, meeting monthly at the Putnam County Public Library. We will carry copies of the current book club pick and can provide information about meetings.
Have ideas about ways Conspire can be a supportive presence for underserved groups? Let us know!
It’s starting to look festive around Greencastle, and Conspire has never been so full of new things! Here are some highlights of what’s new in the shop for early December.
- Gorgeous leather bags, clutches, and wallets from Conduit Press, along with a new selection of bound leather journals and hollow books for hiding all kinds of goodies.
- Dried floral arrangements organically grown on Bloomington’s Hart Farm. These colorful strawflower, Winter Berry, and pussywillow bunches will stay beautiful all season.
- Herbal wreaths, fresh holiday swags, sage bundles, sweetgrass, herbs, salves, and creams from Hobbit Gardens. We are so happy to have Constance’s beautiful local herbs and natural remedies in the shop, and look forward to carrying her teas and tinctures in the future.
- We are now carrying a selection of books by local authors, beginning with Greencastle’s own Lili Wright. Pick up a copy of Dancing with the Tiger and stay tuned for more local authors coming soon!
- Handmade quilts and quilted bags from Mary’s Patchwork are perfect for the cozy season ahead.
- Elegant handcrafted jewelry by Brown County metalsmith Amy Greely Studio make a great gift, and each piece is completely unique.
Come by and get your holiday shopping started at Conspire! It’s a great way to support local artists and our community, and we’ve got the coolest gifts in Greencastle.
We can’t wait to show you the gorgeous new jewelry, handmade clothes, whimsical Christmas decorations, stone carvings, and organic coffees and teas that we introduced to the shop this month!
- Jewelry from Seize the Night Designs in Danville, Indiana. Sarah hand-engraves these unique necklaces with messages like “Brave Spirit” and “So Damn Lucky”. Check out her awesome boutique the next time you visit Danville!
- Cute, fun handmade boutique clothing from St. Louis maker Beqi Clothing, along with a new selection of her geode and crystal rings, necklaces, and bracelets. Check out the flouncy holiday skirts and lace blouses!
- Organic coffee from Harvest Cafe. We now carry Black Magic, Guatemalan, Breakfast Blend, Sumatra, Ethiopian, and Guatemalan Coffee roasted in small batches in Indianapolis. Come into the shop for a sample of our new Harvest Cafe teas: Snowflake, Ginger Peach, English Breakfast, Lapsang Souchong, and Cinnamon Orange Rooibos.
- Hand carved stone sculptures from Bohemian Hobbit Studio.
- Adorable handmade ornaments for your Christmas, Hannukah, or Solstice decorations from Whimsy Fine Art. We have colorful owls, raccoons, and foxes, and colorful garlands for draping a mantel or tree.
- 16-bottle wine racks and reclaimed barnwood coffee tables from JB Adams Design will make a perfect gift for a lucky person.
Don’t forget to grab a cookie, muffin, or a loaf of bread when you come into the shop!